- $1,000 Cash Prize To Open Class Championship Race #6 Winner
- THUNDERDRONE Enduro Team Format Race at Race #5
- PropZone at Select Races
- New “Super Base Stations” for even stronger video than before
- NEW! SEASON’S PASS to save up to $160!
- Podium Plaques for Top-3 in Each Class, Every Race
- Series Trophies for Top-3 in Each Class
- Tons of Sponsor Prizes to be awarded throughout the Series
- Theme Races at almost every Event
- And much, much more!
Statement regarding the Winter Barnburner Drone Racing Series presented by ReadyMadeRC
from the desk of Joe Scully, Race Director & Founder of FPV Racing Events
It is with the deepest regret that we are announcing the cancellation of the series race next weekend, June 18-19, 2016.
We have been unable to secure a venue within our region for any reasonable investment, and while we have three great venues on offer to the north, east and west of our region, we have decided not to move forward with an event next weekend for risk of further inferior participant numbers in unknown territory.
To be fully open, while we had considerable participant numbers for the Canadian Drone Nationals and the FPV Fall Classic Drone Race, our Winter Series failed to achieve the required participant numbers to sustain itself.
While we graciously are sponsored by some great companies, the hard-costs of doing multiple day events, indoors, with an over-worked while passionate crew of volunteers did not balance with sponsorship and participant revenues.
We have a lot of equipment that we continue to invest in, and an outstanding course that we expand upon, but it is not feasible to continually host events operating in the red, let alone manage a growing company that has now started to go that way because of said events. 5 revenue negative events in succession have made this a painful but very real decision to make. To give you a barometer, we lost over $2,000 on the Toronto Event alone.
With less than 7 days before “the next one”, we have been forced to adjourn the series.
That said, we still will host our $1,000 Cash Prize Championship Race, and recognize our Series Champions. Similar to all of the “cups and nationals”, we will qualify those eligible to the championship race at our 2016 “Collingwood” / “Fat Shark Frenzy” / “Former Canadian Drone Nationals” event August 18-20, 2016. Further details will be announced in the next few weeks to come.
We would love to thank once again ReadyMadeRC, ImmersionRC, TrueRC Canada, Scorpion Power Systems, New Generation Hobbies, DPCAV, AirVid, Drone Racer Tees, Detroit MultiRotor Company, Autobotix, Fat Shark and Sasquatch Labs, plus all of the pilots that attended over the Winter and Spring of 2016. We look forward to crowning our Series Champions this August. It has been an adventure and journey.
- 4″ Props (Micros Class)
- 5″ Props / 220mm Minimum Wheelspan (250 Spec Class)
- 5″ Props / no restriction (Race Spec)
- 3S / no restriction (3S Open)
- Open (Run What You Brung)
- Beginners (All MultiRotors Welcome)
Individual Race Format:
- Day #1 – Minimum of 2 Practice Rounds & 1 Qualifying Round
- Day #2 – Minimum of 2 Qualifying Rounds & Championship Races (everyone gets a Final Race!)
- Rocket-Round Qualifying: Each Racer is seeded based on their Best Qualifier of the 3
- Practice: 3 minutes on the Clock, Unlimited Laps, Fastest Lap Seeds Qualifier #1 & #2 when available
- Qualifying: 3 minutes on the Clock, scoring the fastest Five consecutive laps
- Championship Mains: 5 Lap Races. Lower Seeds (i.e. D-Main) fly first. The Top Racer in that Race advances a grouping higher (i.e. the C-Main)
- 9am Registration Opens
- 10am Pilot Meeting
- 10:10am Controlled Practice
- 12:30pm Qualifier #1
- 5pm Theme Races if applicable
- 8:30am Last Minute Registration
- 9am Pilot Meeting
- 9am Qualifier #2
- 10:30am Qualifier #3
- 1pm Championship Mains
- 4:30pm Podium
34777 BAYFIELD RIVER ROAD
519 565 4444
Use Discount Code “DroneRacing” to get these exclusive rates!
Double Queen: $125
King Suite: $155
Family – up to 6: $175
Best Western Little River Inn
203 Queensway W,
Single Bed Rooms or 2 Double Bed Rooms: $105.99
Use discount code “Drone Race” by the Wednesday before the race for these savings!
- $40 – First Class, $30 – Second Class, $20 – Third Class, $10 – Fourth Class
- Practice Fees are inclusive of Race Fees
- $10 – “on the day fee” for cash payments onsite (Entries confirmed via PayPal and Season Pass Holders Exempt)
- Race Fees are non-refundable after a pilot has completed 1 lap in practice, though special circumstances may apply.
Series Championship Points:
- Each Class will be scored from Top-to-Bottom, with 1st receiving 100 points, 2nd 99 points, etc. after every event.
- Point Ranking will start out of mains, and factor in qualifying for DNS’s in Mains, and practice for DNS’s in Qualifiers; Ties will be awarded at the bottom of each division of competition (i.e. 12/13/14 after qualifying would all receive 89 points)
- A Bonus Point will be awarded to Each Top-Qualifier to the Mains
- All 6 Races will be scored for points (including the Series Championship #6), plus the FEATURE CHAMPIONSHIP RACE in that class if applicable
- Each racer is awarded 1 (one) Drop against the 6 Races, meaning, each racer’s lowest ranking race will be removed
- FEATURE CHAMPIONSHIP RACES:
- Prior to Championship Race #6, the Top-7 will be guaranteed entry into the FEATURE CHAMPIONSHIP RACE for $1,000 Winner-Take All Classes as advertised (i.e. Open Class at the time of this printing)
- The Highest Placing Racer in Race #6 that is not included in the Top-7 previous to the Race will be added to fill the Grid (a last-chance qualifier). This Racer must have attended at least 1 (one) other Series Event and competed in that class to be eligible.
- The winner of the FEATURE CHAMPIONSHIP RACE will win the $1,000 Bonus
- FEATURE CHAMPIONSHIP RACES are also scored on the same system for Series Championship Points, and the 1-race Drop will be re-applied at the conclusion of the 7th race in classes where applicable
- The Top-3 in Each Class will be Recognized with a Series Title
- In the case of a Tie, the highest finish the last time the racers raced at the same event will decide ranking; if they tied at that event, the next previous match-up will be used.
- No Rain-Dates. If an event is “pulled” due to inclement weather, it will not be used for point or “drop” calculations. Note: Races may still transpire during inclement weather, however, points may not be applicable.
- Beginners: this class is designed for new racers
- Racers in Beginners: can not have had a podium finish in 2015 (top-3) at a grand scale event including beginner
- Racers in Beginners: will be immediately removed should they qualify in an A-main of a race (top-7) including the race they are at, if it is the top one-third of all entries in that class (i.e. top-7 of 21).
- Racers may move themselves up at their own discretion, though they may also be moved at the discretion of management
Thanks To Corporate Partners To Date:
And our Prize and Supporting Sponsors To Date: