The First FPV Drone Race in Waterford, Ontario
Following the FPV Fall Classic Drone Race presented by ReadyMadeRC and the Fat Shark Frenzy / Canadian Drone Nationals (The World’s 3rd and 2nd Largest FPV Races To Date, respectively), our team is now excited to announce the 2016 Winter Barnburner Drone Racing Series presented by ReadyMadeRC spanning January through May 2016 at 3 select indoor venues in Ontario, Canada.
- $1,000 Cash Prize To Open Class Championship Race #6 Winner
- THUNDERDRONE Enduro Team Format Race at Race #5
- PropZone at Select Races
- New “Super Base Stations” for even stronger video than before
- NEW! SEASON’S PASS to save up to $160!
- Podium Plaques for Top-3 in Each Class, Every Race
- Series Trophies for Top-3 in Each Class
- Tons of Sponsor Prizes to be awarded throughout the Series
- Theme Races at almost every Event
- All Indoor Locations with Heated Pits (bring Table/Chair if possible)
- Food Concessions
- And much, much more!
Million Dollar Drone Race in Dubai Pre-Qualifier THIS WEEKEND here in Canada!
We have your ticket to the Million Dollar Drone Race in Dubai, come claim it this weekend in Simcoe, Ontario!
The World Drone Prix has announced the qualification process to select the 32 Teams to run at their share of a 1-Million-Dollar Prize, and it’s designed to open up eligibility to the World: Every Pilot/Team is to submit a Video of them flying a World Drone Prix approved course, and they will be judged on the criteria. Every member of the 32 selected teams will receive airfare, accommodations and VIP at the World Drone Prix this March in Dubai, UAE.
FPV Racing Events wants to give you the best possible “set” to record your video, so we are building the World Drone Prix Track #2, and dedicating Saturday, February 6th as a day to pre-qualify to the Million Dollar World Drone Prix.
Of course we will be putting our twist on it: we will actually recreate the actual race; which means your “bonus footage” component should be off the chain.
You do not need an entire team for the video pre-qualifier, however, we will be creating impromptu teams for the World Drone Prix Race Re-creation (assigned co-pilots for qualifying, selected for the Championship)
THE COURSE WE ARE BUILDING INDOORS IN SIMCOE:
Full Rules & Regs for World Drone Prix: here
Race #2 – the Winter Barnburner Drone Racing Series presented by ReadyMadeRC THE SIMCOE SHOOTOUT – February 6-7, 2016
Fletcher’s Horse World
2173 Cockshutt Rd,
Map – Click HERE
Best Western Little River Inn
203 Queensway W,
Single Bed Rooms or 2 Double Bed Rooms: $99.99
Use discount code “Drone Race” by the Wednesday before the race for these savings!
- 4″ Props (Micros Class)
- 5″ Props / 220mm Minimum Wheelspan (250 Spec Class)
- 5″ Props / no restriction (Race Spec)
- 3S / no restriction (3S Open)
- Open (Run What You Brung)
- Beginners (All MultiRotors Welcome)
- WORLD DRONE PRIX VIDEO PRE-QUALIFIER (SATURDAY)
Individual Race Format:
- Day #1 – Minimum of 2 Practice Rounds & 1 Qualifying Round & WDP Re-Enactment Race
- Day #2 – Minimum of 3 Qualifying Rounds & Championship Races (everyone gets a Final Race!)
- Rocket-Round Qualifying: Each Racer is seeded based on their Best Qualifier of the 3
- Practice: 3 minutes on the Clock, Unlimited Laps, Fastest Lap Seeds Qualifier #1, #2 & #3 when available
- Qualifying: 3 minutes on the Clock, scoring the fastest Five consecutive laps
- Championship Mains: 5 Lap Races. Lower Seeds (i.e. D-Main) fly first. The Top Racer in that Race advances a grouping higher (i.e. the C-Main)
- 9am Registration Opens
- 10am Pilot Meeting
- 10:10am Controlled Practice
- 12:30pm Qualifier #1
- 5pm WDP Race Re-enactment
- 8:30am Last Minute Registration
- 9am Pilot Meeting
- 9am Qualifier #1, #2, #3
- 1pm Championship Mains
- 4:30pm Podium
- $40 – First Class, $30 – Second Class, $20 – Third Class, $10 – Fourth Class (5th, 6th and 7th Class Free)
- Practice Fees are inclusive of Race Fees
- $10 – “on the day fee” for cash payments onsite (Entries confirmed via PayPal and Season Pass Holders Exempt)
- Race Fees are non-refundable after a pilot has completed 1 lap in practice, though special circumstances may apply.
All of the information you need to get your Craft Raceband Ready is available here: http://fpvracingevents.com/racing-event-rules/ (note: VTX’s and Transponders will be provided, however, it is recommended that every racer use their own 25mW RaceBand compatible Transmitter, mounted in a manner that the dip switches are accessible. Transponders will be iLaps infrared technology, which will work off an open 5v Channel)
Individual Race Rules: Here
2016 Series Rules: Here
Thanks To Corporate Partners To Date:
And our Prize and Supporting Sponsors To Date: