Welcoming in Spring in Simcoe, Ontario
Following the FPV Fall Classic Drone Race presented by ReadyMadeRC and the Fat Shark Frenzy / Canadian Drone Nationals (The World’s 3rd and 2nd Largest FPV Races To Date, respectively), our team is now excited to announce the 2016 Winter Barnburner Drone Racing Series presented by ReadyMadeRC spanning January through May 2016 at 3 select indoor venues in Ontario, Canada.
- $1,000 Cash Prize To Open Class Championship Race #6 Winner
- THUNDERDRONE Enduro Team Format Race at Race #5
- PropZone at Select Races
- New “Super Base Stations” for even stronger video than before
- NEW! SEASON’S PASS to save up to $160!
- Podium Plaques for Top-3 in Each Class, Every Race
- Series Trophies for Top-3 in Each Class
- Tons of Sponsor Prizes to be awarded throughout the Series
- Theme Races at almost every Event
- All Indoor Locations with Heated Pits (bring Table/Chair if possible)
- Food Concessions
- And much, much more!
Race #4 – the Winter Barnburner Drone Racing Series presented by ReadyMadeRC SPRING FLING – April 2-3, 2016
Fletcher’s Horse World
2173 Cockshutt Rd,
Map – Click HERE
Best Western Little River Inn
203 Queensway W,
Single Bed Rooms or 2 Double Bed Rooms: $99.99
Use discount code “Drone Race” by the Wednesday before the race for these savings!
- 4″ Props (Micros Class)
- 5″ Props / 220mm Minimum Wheelspan (250 Spec Class)
- 5″ Props / no restriction (Race Spec)
- 3S / no restriction (3S Open)
- Open (Run What You Brung)
- Beginners (All MultiRotors Welcome)
Individual Race Format:
- Day #1 – Fill-The Seat Practice, Indoor Fun Fly, Theme Racing, LED Track Night Racing, Freestyle
- Day #2 – Minimum of 1 Practice, 2 Qualifying Rounds & Championship Races (everyone gets a Final Race!)
- Rocket-Round Qualifying: Each Racer is seeded based on their Best Qualifier of the 2
- Practice: 3 minutes on the Clock, Unlimited Laps, Fastest Lap Seeds Qualifier #1 & #2 when available
- Qualifying: 3 minutes on the Clock, scoring the fastest Five consecutive laps
- Championship Mains: 5 Lap Races. Lower Seeds (i.e. D-Main) fly first. The Top Racer in that Race advances a grouping higher (i.e. the C-Main)
- 9am Registration Opens
- 10am Pilot Meeting
- 10:10am Fill-the-Seat Practice & All UAV Indoor Fun Fly
- 5pm FPV Theme Race
- 8pm FPV LED Course Race
- 9pm FPV Freestyle
- 10pm Late Night
- 8:00am Registration
- 8:00am Fill-the-Seat Practice
- 10am Pilot Meeting
- 10:10am Controlled Practice
- Qualifier #1
- Qualifier #2
- Championship Mains
- 4:30pm Podium
- $40 – First Class, $30 – Second Class, $20 – Third Class, $10 – Fourth Class
- Practice Fees are inclusive of Race Fees
- $10 – “on the day fee” for cash payments onsite (Entries confirmed via PayPal and Season Pass Holders Exempt)
- Race Fees are non-refundable after a pilot has completed 1 lap in practice, though special circumstances may apply.
We’ve heard, “It’s too far”, but we’ve seen pilots drive 9.5 hours from NYC, 8.5 hours from Montreal, and pay $1,100 in airfare to fly in from Vancouver.
So… for this race, we are going to comp gas money for newbies!
If you enter two classes or more and attend either one day or two, and it’s your first event on the Winter Barnburner Drone Racing Series presented byReadyMadeRC, LLC… FPV Racing Events will give you $20 in cash back at the event!
Here’s how “far” it really is, y’all….
- Less than 1 hour 5 minutes from Waterloo Regional Airport
- Less than 1 hour 20 Minutes for Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Less than 1 hour 40 Minutes from Buffalo, New York
- Less than 2 hours from Barrie, Ontario
- Less than 3 hours from Detroit, Michigan
- Get in on Epic Racing on a course that is “fun” for Beginners and Pro’s…and get cash back like Walmart
All of the information you need to get your Craft Raceband Ready is available here: https://fpvracingevents.com/racing-event-rules/ (note: VTX’s and Transponders will be provided, however, it is recommended that every racer use their own 25mW RaceBand compatible Transmitter, mounted in a manner that the dip switches are accessible. Transponders will be iLaps infrared technology, which will work off an open 5v Channel)
Individual Race Rules: Here
2016 Series Rules: Here
Thanks To Corporate Partners To Date:
And our Prize and Supporting Sponsors To Date: